As we celebrate Resurrection's 50 years of mission and ministry, we have so much to be thankful for. By God's Grace:
- We reach thousands of people each year
- We have become a center for mission and ministry in our community
- Each day we continue to equip each person to grow more deeply in God's love through Jesus Christ
All of this is just a prelude to the possibilities God has in store for Resurrection's ministry.
There are so many ways we can touch people's lives in the next 50 years! All it takes is a little imagination:
what God can do...
- Imagine expanded youth and children's ministries fueled by the power of the Spirit in our young people.
- Imagine building faith and fellowship through a vibrant network of small groups meeting from Lincoln to Folsom
- Imagine new health and support ministries
- Imagine more communitywide evangelism programs
- imagine vibrant new ministries and programs
- Imagine making a difference in our community in the most practical ways
- Imagine the real value of the full bellies, hot showers and safe beds
- Imagine the difference we will make by continuing to advocate for justice through our involvement
how can this happen?
Our goal, between May 2013 and May 2016, is to raise $1 million – above our current annual giving – to help us accomplish the following:
• Free up as much as $14,500 a month from our annual ministry budget by paying our mortgage out of the Imagine What God Can Do fund.
• Expand our pastoral team with the addition of an associate pastor and a communications director.
• Increase ministry staff and custodial time.
• Develop new mission and ministry opportunities.
• Apply the appeal fund to mortgage payments and additional principal reduction (about $500,000.)
With your generous financial support, Resurrection's leaders will develop and implement a comprehensive discipleship strategy to reach all people and incorporate all members into the life of the congregation as they grow in faith through worship, scripture study, fellowship, prayer, giving and serving.
"Now to him who by the power at work within us is able to accomplish abundantly far more than all we can ask or imagine." (Ephesians 3:20) ...