Memorial gifts can be made in memory or in honor of a loved one. Undesignated memorial gifts will be used to support the mission of Resurrection. Designated memorial gifts may be given to one of several funds. Please contact the church office for further information.
Leave a Legacy - Make a Difference in the Lives That Follow
Resurrection Legacy and Memorial Fund
Our congregation has abundant opportunities to share God’s love throughout our community and around the world—but gifts to our Joyful Giving General fund can only do so much. The Legacy Fund is structured to generate blessings not just once, but continually, for years to come by using only the income from the fund to make a lasting difference. This may include funding for expanding youth and family ministries, increasing outreach to seniors, funding scholarships for our students, aid to churches recovering from natural disasters, sending mosquito nets to fight malaria in Africa or funding new water wells in third world villages.
Gifts for the Legacy Fund (formerly known as the Endowment fund) are usually PLANNED GIFTS or BEQUESTS. After considering the needs of your family, you may consider a plan to leave all or a portion of your estate to the ministries of Lutheran Church of the Resurrection. This could include:
- Remembering Resurrection in your will or bequest.
- A gift of life insurance, appreciated securities or property trust.
- A gift annuity or charitable trust.
The benefits of making a Planned or Estate charitable gift donation to Resurrection include:
- The satisfaction of knowing the ministry you supported in this life can be carried on after your death.
- An opportunity to thank a congregation that has been meaningful to you and your family during your lifetime.
- The opportunity of designate your bequest as a memorial to loved ones
- Income from the gift, a portion of which may be tax-free in the case of a life gift such as a gift annuity or charitable trust.
- A reduction in taxes for your heirs through a charitable gift deduction from the estate before taxes.
We are so thankful to the following donors for their contributions to and support of Resurrection's Legacy Fund:
Kay and Harry Valler
David and Josie Freiberg
Bob and Bonnie Dottai
Ruth Peterson Memorial
John & Jinnie Wickeraad
If you would like to learn more about Resurrection's Legacy and Memorial Fund, please review the links below:
Legacy Fund Q&A