Memorial gifts can be made in memory or in honor of a loved one. Undesignated memorial gifts will be used to support the mission of Resurrection. Designated memorial gifts may be given to one of several funds. Please contact the church office for further information.
Leave a Legacy - Make a Difference in the Lives That Follow
Resurrection Endowment Perpetual Fund – Leaving a Legacy
Our congregation has abundant opportunities to share God’s love throughout our community and around the world—but gifts to our Joyful Giving General fund can only do so much. The Endowment Perpetual Fund is structured to generate blessings not just once, but continually, for years to come by using only the income from the fund to make a lasting difference. This may include funding for expanding youth and family ministries, increasing outreach to seniors, funding scholarships for our students, aid to churches recovering from natural disasters, sending mosquito nets to fight malaria in Africa or funding new water wells in third world villages.
Gifts for the Endowment fund are usually PLANNED GIFTS or BEQUESTS. After considering the needs of your family, you may consider a plan to leave all or a portion of your estate to the ministries of Lutheran Church of the Resurrection. This could include:
- Remembering Resurrection in your will or bequest.
- A gift of life insurance, appreciated securities or property trust.
- A gift annuity or charitable trust.
The benefits of making a Planned or Estate charitable gift donation to Resurrection include:
- The satisfaction of knowing the ministry you supported in this life can be carried on after your death.
- An opportunity to thank a congregation that has been meaningful to you and your family during your lifetime.
- The opportunity of designate your bequest as a memorial to loved ones
- Income from the gift, a portion of which may be tax-free in the case of a life gift such as a gift annuity or charitable trust.
- A reduction in taxes for your heirs through a charitable gift deduction from the estate before taxes.
You may view or download a copy of our Endowment Ministry Brochure (embed link to adobe pdf). You may also contact the church office for further information. To find more information on Planned Giving leaving a lasting legacy through the ministry of Resurrection go to the ELCA Foundation Ways to Give. You may also contact the church office for further information.
Tax Reminder: A provision in the tax bill passed by Congress reinstates the ability of those age 70 1/2 years and older to make distributions of up to $100,000 per tax year from Individual Retirement Accounts (IRA) directly to a charity of their choice without having to claim it as income. Don’t miss this great opportunity!